V56

Green and yellow small diesel locomotive numbered V 56

V56

Built in 1956 at the Newport Workshops. V56 was designed to push suburban train sets through the wash plant at Jolimont Workshops, generally at 1km/h. It used a Fordson 40hp tractor engine and hydraulic motor, with chain driven axles. V56 was retired by the early 1980s with the closure of Jolimont Workshops.