Sleeping car with twin-berths, based on the E car design.
Entered service in October 1907 as "Adelaide", renamed "Torrens" in 1910 to match the other cars of this type, named after rivers.
This car was owned jointly by Victorian and South Australian Railways and used on the Overland between Melbourne and Adelaide.
With new steel stock being introduced by the 1960s, the cars were transferred respectively to each state. Victoria used 9 of the cars for the "Train of Knowledge", a train for school-children to travel on weekly excursions.
Torrens was retired in 1967, and is now open for inspection every Museum opening day. Exterior restoration is underway to repaint the carriage to the lined Larch Green of the 1930s Overland train.