One of 6 locomotives ordered by State Electricity Commission of Victoria with the Victorian Railways F class order.
Built by English Electric Dick Kerr Works, Stafford England.
F211 was delivered to the SEC in March 1953 and purchased by Victorian Railways in July 1958.
The class shunted the passenger car sheds at Spencer St yards and other regional depots.
In later years an F class was kept by the Hump Sorting Roads, and would be deployed to retreive any misrouted wagons. It was known as the "Trimmer". In this role F211 earned the nickname "Little Trimmer", later getting a cast nameplate with this moniker. On withdrawal it was painted in Vline Tangerine and Grey, the only F class to wear the livery, and placed on a plinth near the hump yard before entering the museum.