Constructed by Newport Workshops in 1910. A modification of the DD class design, shown by exhibits D2 604 and D3 635. All class members were built by Newport Workshops. This type mainly saw service as suburban passenger engines prior to electrification on the longer and hillier lines, including Dandenong, Upper Ferntree Gully, Lilydale and Darling. Following electrification the class were put to work as shunting engines, primarily at Flinders St and North Melbourne. This exhibit is currently undergoing cosmetic restoration.