D2 604

D2 604

Constructed by Beyer Peacock of England in 1911, to the DD design of the Victorian Railways. It is similar to exhibit D3635, but with a smaller boiler. D2604 was sold to Australian Paper Manufacturers in 1956, and was used as a shunter at the Morwell paper mill until the early 1960s. APM converted it to oil firing, using a tender from a D3 locomotive tender on an underframe from a withdrawn A2 locomotive tender.