The Railway Museum contains Victoria’s most extensive collection of steam locomotives, as well as a number of diesel and electric locomotives, electric suburban carriages, country and interstate passenger carriages, freight wagons, breakdown cranes, and more…
Constructed in 1954 at Newport Workshops as 114VP.
114VP was used on the Standard Gauge line to NSW after 1962, and recoded VLPY in 1980.
Retired from service by 1990.
These vans were used for all kinds of traffic including fruit and vegetables, newspapers, palletised goods etc.