The Railway Museum contains Victoria’s most extensive collection of steam locomotives, as well as a number of diesel and electric locomotives, electric suburban carriages, country and interstate passenger carriages, freight wagons, breakdown cranes, and more…
Constructed at Newport Workshops in 1893. Modifed to use automatic coupler, but unusually retained buffers which are not required for auto couplers.
Used in Race Service from 1935, and retired in 1962.
In use as maintenance equipment storage for Museum volunteers.
Photo by Andrew Henderson