The Railway Museum contains Victoria’s most extensive collection of steam locomotives, as well as a number of diesel and electric locomotives, electric suburban carriages, country and interstate passenger carriages, freight wagons, breakdown cranes, and more…


Entered service on the 5th June 1890, renamed "Inspection Car" in 1900.
This car was used by the Railway Commissioners who would travel the state inspecting the network and stations, but also doubled as a "State Car" for Royal visits.
Retired from service in 1963, and now open for the public every opening day.