The Railway Museum contains Victoria’s most extensive collection of steam locomotives, as well as a number of diesel and electric locomotives, electric suburban carriages, country and interstate passenger carriages, freight wagons, breakdown cranes, and more…
Constructed in February 1939 for use on the Spirit of Progress, the Victorian Railways flagship train between Melbourne and Albury. It was one of three buffet cars constructed at the time, the others being named Wimmera and Tanjil.
Converted to Standard Gauge in 1962 for running through to Sydney.
Retired from service in 1991 in Sydney, and returned to Newport in 1992, entering the Museum later that year.
A popular choice for birthday parties and events. Open to the public during all open days.