The Railway Museum contains Victoria’s most extensive collection of steam locomotives, as well as a number of diesel and electric locomotives, electric suburban carriages, country and interstate passenger carriages, freight wagons, breakdown cranes, and more…
One of 6 locomotives ordered by State Electricity Commission of Victoria with the Victorian Railways F class order.
Built by English Electric Dick Kerr Works, Stafford England.
SEC2 entered service in January 1952 owned by SEC, but believed to be leased to Victorian Railways until 1971. SEC 2 worked at the Newport Powerhouse shunting the wagons of briquettes coming in from Morwell. Upon transfer to Victorian Railways it was renumbered F216.