The Railway Museum contains Victoria’s most extensive collection of steam locomotives, as well as a number of diesel and electric locomotives, electric suburban carriages, country and interstate passenger carriages, freight wagons, breakdown cranes, and more…

F176

F176 Image
Built in 1876 by Phoenix Foundry, Ballarat. Originally built as a tender locomotive, then converted circa 1911 to a tank locomotive. Known as motors, these locomotives would pull a single passenger carriage on services such as Burnley-Darling, Camberwell-Asburton-Deepdene, Heidelberg-Eltham, Essendon-Broadmeadows, Ballarat-Buninyong and Ballarat-Ballan. F176 was sold to HV McKay, Sunshine in 1920 and was used as resident shunting engine until 1961.

F176

F176 Image
Built in 1876 by Phoenix Foundry, Ballarat. Originally built as a tender locomotive, then converted circa 1911 to a tank locomotive. Known as motors, these locomotives would pull a single passenger carriage on services such as Burnley-Darling, Camberwell-Asburton-Deepdene, Heidelberg-Eltham, Essendon-Broadmeadows, Ballarat-Buninyong and Ballarat-Ballan. F176 was sold to HV McKay, Sunshine in 1920 and was used as resident shunting engine until 1961.